A little bird tells us L'andy aka Comisado is STILL tapering benzos (it's been over six years). We wish her well.
I hate benzos! « on: May 31, 2016, 01:57:41 pm »
Not sure what board this belongs to but just had to rant a little.
I hate benzos!
I hate benzo withdrawal!
I hate doctors who prescribe benzos w/o discussing possible side effects or withdrawal effects!
I hate that the process takes sooooo long!
I hate that I feel like I’m wasting away some of my life!
I wish so hard that I could go back in time and never taken benzos!
Ok that is all.
He would frequently bite his tongue and spit HIV-positive blood into their faces/mouths.
I’m not a psychologist but my friend is. She told me about a patient of hers who was HIV-positive and a paranoid schizophrenic. He thought that the nurses who worked at the hospital he was in were trying to kill him, so he would frequently bite his tongue and spit HIV-positive blood into their faces/mouths. When they had to come into contact with him, they were required to wear full masks and gloves.
“Recreational use of benzodiazepines is a growing problem. A large proportion (30-90%) of polydrug abusers worldwide also use benzodiazepines. Benzodiazepines are used in this context to increase the kick obtained from illicit drugs, particularly opiates, and to alleviate the withdrawal symptoms of other drugs of abuse (opiates, barbiturates, cocaine, amphetamines and alcohol). People who have been given benzodiazepines during alcohol detoxification sometimes become dependent on benzodiazepines and may abuse illicitly obtained benzodiazepines as well as relapsing into alcohol use. Occasionally high doses of benzodiazepines are used alone to obtain a high.” – Prof. Heather Ashton
Re: Flickster Blog « Reply #122 on: September 11, 2007, 11:21:49 PM »
Hi anyone out there in benzoland Good morning Vietnam You know that movie don’t you? Well that was my war.
yeah when I was 18 I got my papers from the U.S military to report to the induction center for my draft physical and induction into the army to go to Vietnam to fight.
for heaven’s sake I was a hippie.
and I don’t like the idea of killing people I don’t know or being killed by them either.
I wrote on my forms that i was a member of every evil organization you could be part of including the communist party and even the Black Panthers and i am white.
I stayed up on LSD for 2 days before I went also so they would think I was crazy and flunk me on that score.
the really funny thing is that they did not flunk me on any of that stuff. I had a letter from my doctor that one third of my kidney was gone from a previous gunshot wound and that was all I needed. i did not have to go through all the rigamarole and lies . i was automatically disquaified. I could not have joined the service if I wanted.
the guy in front of me in line was very patriotic and trying to join the marines. They actually flunked him for having very flat feet. He was a big matcho guy and was weeping like a child when they flunked him. i was behind him and jumping for joy and shouting hooray when they flunked me.
i think he wanted to punch me out.
A lot of my friends came back from Vietnam junkies and in a lot of post traumatic stress.
Of course, they did not have to pull my arm to hang out with them and do heroin with them.
that’s how I got hep c.
Comments by JB:
Unless you happen to be disliked by the cult, in which case don’t bother trying to create a new account if you become benzo-dependant again, or they’ll just ban it and leave you on your own away from your friends there.
The double-standard runs strong in this cult, and it hates it when you hold up the mirror to them!
Procedure for the Deletion of Your BenzoBuddies Account « on: May 20, 2016, 07:28:48 pm »
Procedure for BenzoBuddies Account Deletion
1) Create a ticket at the Help Desk to request account deletion. (Click the ‘POST NEW TICKET’ tab).
2) Unless you are a new member, our usual initial response will be to inquire if there is a problem which we can help resolve for you (we find that this is often the case).
3) If we cannot help or resolve a problem for you, and you still wish your account deleted, simply respond to confirm that we should proceed with deletion of your account.
4) In turn, we will respond to confirm your request and slate your account for deletion at our earliest convenience after 48 hours have elapsed from your confirmation message.
5) If you change your mind about account deletion, login to your account and reply to your Help Desk ticket to retract your request.
6) If you change your mind and find that your account is already deleted, please create a new account.
When the time comes for you to leave BB, we suggest that you do not delete your account. We find that, for a variety of reasons, many members return months or even years later: they might wish to catch up with old friends, post a Success Story, respond to a personal message notification, etc. Or, occasionally, old members experience new problems with benzodiazepines or related medications. An existing account will assist in the support you receive.
- Originally, forum members could delete their own accounts through their profiles. However, because of the peculiar effects of benzodiazepine use and withdrawal, we found that the majority of such deletions occurred in haste. More often than not, the member would rejoin and inquire if we could reinstate their original account – this is not possible. To help avoid such disappointment, we disabled the ability for members to delete their own account and introduced the above procedure. As expected, the majority of members do change their mind, thus avoiding the unnecessary loss of a valued account, and its associated forum posts and Personal Messages.
- Although we normally honour requests for account deletions, there are some very rare exceptions to this (practically, the exception occurs if the administration team are already actively considering banning your account – in such a situation, we will complete our deliberation before considering your request for account deletion – a banned account will not be deleted).
- (As allowed by the Registration Agreement) we do not remove your posts when we delete your account. However, as a courtesy, we do usually remove your personal support threads (defined as ‘Buddie Blogs’ and ‘Progress Logs’) upon request. You must make such requests before your account is deleted.
- If you do end up creating a new account, to save possible confusion about motives, it would be best to inform the forum Administrators of your return. This is especially true if you left the forum under a bit of a cloud.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2016, 08:57:16 pm by [Buddie] »
“Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information. ”
This is the disclaimer at the end of each post, yet when questions like in the below link are asked, and more-cruicially, answered it must, by definitioj, be prescriptive.
Do the admin ever, and I mean ever literally, post anything to challenge the ‘asking’ of questions that invite nothing but prescriptive resposes. Further I wager nobody advises the buddy waits for the medical advice of their doctor. Why would they, after all, on a doctor-bashing cult?
But, why not?
I tried to challenge these threads in the early days of membership there but was attacked by a cchr clique, so I tried again in my early days of moderating there, but was proactively closed-down by the admin team.
Hmm. Pretty sure an intelligent person will see why.
Menthol « on: May 28, 2016, 11:01:51 pm »
Does anyone know if menthol is ok post withdrawl? Perhaps I’m being overly cautious. I have a cold and want to see if anyone had any problems with cough drops. I have had so many setbacks that I fear things. Thanks
Is it ok to take Vicodin? « on: May 28, 2016, 08:31:11 pm »
I’ve been having a really tough time emotionally. I think I’m having a nervous breakdown. I can’t tell if it’s still xanax(everyone is saying no) or the pain/stress of my health and life in general. I’m really hurt that a doctor tricked me into a surgery that is know to cause problems within the medical community. He lied to me and I agreed to the surgery because he said it would help my pain. Now, I’m told by many doctors that it isn’t done because of the damage/pain it causes. He completely ruined my vagina and its devastating to me. I’m in constant pain down there now and can’t be intimate with my husband. I’m writing this because with everything that has happened its natural to become depressed. However, I’ve never been this low before, so I wonder if it’s partly due to the Xanax too. I was on it for 5 1/2 months, .5-1mg once a night. I ct it because I developed a dependence and became extremely depressed and suicidal. The depression and suicidal thoughts aren’t going away. I took my last pill March 5.
My question is is it ok to take Vicodin occasionally for pain or does that set me back? I’m starting to think that it’s not withdrawal and I’m just depressed because of my health problems due to bad doctors. I just don’t know. They want to put me on gabapentin and an anti depressant, does that affect withdrawal?