Things not to do and eat « on: December 21, 2017, 01:55:37 pm »
I’ve done a lot of research into what acts on gaba receptors at the benzo level and even deliberately sent myself into a wave to prove some of them. When I cut all these things out I started to experience my first windows.
Not getting better? Here are things to avoid:
1. ALCOHOL. The absolute worst thing you can have. Like rubbing sandpaper on an open wound.
2. SUGAR. very small amounts of sugar are ok but sugar created so many horrendous waves for me and most others. Think you can get away with eating that tiny bit of ice cream. Think again!
3. Cocoa. Dark chocolate is so good but made me feel like crap. Also has caffeine, another no no.
4. Dairy. Dairy acts on gaba, not sure how but it made me worse. Most yogurt contains a lot of sugar anyways!
5. Quercetin, found in apples and citrus fruits.
6. Coffee and any caffeine.
7. Weight lifting. Your cns is temporarily destroyed and can’t recover from heavy stressors on your body. Light exercise is ok.
8. Stress. Any external stress outside of benzo hell should be avoided as much as possible. Be social and take your mind off it. I promise it will temporarily get you out of a wave if you’re having fun.