My FINAL Klonopin Taper & Use of Benzos « on: August 08, 2021, 03:13:47 pm »
I wanted to share my current experience on my taper, as well as other plans I’m considering.
FIRST, SOME BACKGROUND INFO:
– 50 yrs old
– Suffered from anxiety my whole life
– I can’t even remember which quack put me on Klonopin at this point, but it’s finally time to end this nightmare. I’ve been on and off it for 20+ years.
– I never suffered from depression in my life until about 3 years ago. I’ve currently been in a MDD episode for a year and a half – yes, you read that correctly. And on work leave for the second time in one year.
– Have been diagnosed with GAD, MDD and CPTSD
– This go around with another pill pusher shrink, I’ve been given Lithium, Pregabalin, Depakote, Risperdal, Latuda, Invega, Nortriptyline, and Remeron. NONE of these did anything for this MDD episode.
– I am now off every medication they gave me, except Klonopin of course, and I am actually feeling better than when I was on them.
– The only remaining medication I take is Prazosin at night, which is very helpful for nightmares, but I don’t consider this a neuro drug, because it’s not, so I’m comfortable still taking that.
– My goal is to never take a neuro medication again. The majority of neuroscientists, shrinks, etc. will readily admit they STILL know very little about the brain. So, how in the world can Pharma companies and doctors responsibly dole out drugs to help when they admittedly know very little about how the brain works?? Hence, no more neuro meds for me again if humanly possible.
MY CURRENT PLAN FOR KLONOPIN TAPER / DETOX:
– Beginning dose: 2mg Klonopin daily. 1mg morning | 1mg night. I’ve been on this level on & off for a long time. I’ve taped to 1mg with no problems at all. I’ve tapered completely off Klonopin before with very little symptoms along the way. I can’t remember why I started again (thank you benzo memory killer), but I think it coincided with a highly stressful job I just started, so it’s difficult to tell whether the symptoms were withdrawal or situational.
– First step: 1mg morning | 3/4mg night for 21 days. Some symptoms, but very manageable
– Second step: 1mg morning | 1/2mg night so far for 5 days. Will hold here and see how it goes. So far, so good.
– Next Steps: Will keep you posted
*Side note: I am seriously considering a Flumanezil-based more rapid detox at The Coleman Institute. I have read very mixed reviews about this, but I am still considering as another slow taper will just not work for me given my leave from work and other factors. Of course, a rapid detox could result in my condition worsening and maybe even causing me to permanently leave my job, but I’m willing to take this chance.